Product: Zoo 5
Summary: Demonstrates how to open TCP Port 80 in the Windows 7 firewall.
Be advised, port 80 is required to be open for all communication in and out of the firewall. It is not adequate to simply open port 80 on the Zoo application. Rhino clients will not be able to communicate with the Zoo unless you do the following procedure on your Zoo server's firewall.
It is not acceptable to open the port's inbound and outbound traffic for just the program or the service. You must set the rules for just the port as directed below in Step 6, or it will not work.
1. Open Control Panel from the Start menu.
2. Select Windows Firewall.
3. Select Advanced settings in the left column of the Windows Firewall window.
4. Select Inbound Rules in the left column of the Windows Firewall with Advanced Security window.
5. Select New Rule in the right column.
6. Select Port in the New Inbound Rule Wizard and then click Next. Note, do not create a Program rule - you must create a Port rule.
7. Select which protocol this rule will apply to TCP, select Specific local ports, type port number 80, and then click Next.
8. Select Allow the connection and then click Next.
9. Select when this rule applies (check all of them for the port to always stay open) and then click Next.
10. Give this rule a name and then click Finish to add the new rule.
TCP Port 80 is now open and ready to be used.